Beam Transverse Vibration
Instrumented impulse hammer is used to find the natural frequencies and mode shapes of a cantilever beam using the modal analysis.
- Impulse hammer
- PC based data acquisition system and software
- Cantilever beam test rig.
Procedure to obtain natural frequency and mode shape from impulse excitation method.
- The cantilever beam is divided into ten points.
- The sensor is placed at the tip to obtain the frequency response to input force in the frequency domain. In the case it is referred as accelerance since acceleration is used as the output
- Frequency response obtained at ten points are used to estimate the Modal parameters.
Purpose: To obtained the Natural Frequencies and associated Mode shapes.